Tuesday 16 September 2014

Arch-Mage Tower Generator and Yoon-Suin Update

Enough with the politics. Here's a table from the Yoon-Suin Gazetteer. This is what's consumed much of my summer: formatting tables like this. About 250 pages of them. I am to all intents and purposes finished, but I need to put the art into its various placeholders. I don't anticipate this will take very long, but I've learned a dark secret during the course of this project, and it's as follows: everything to do with layout is a massive faff, and while that is something you expect, you can never expect the level of faffing around that will be required in practice. So I expect a whole host of unexpected problems to suddenly unearth themselves in the course of this final furlong.


4 comments:

  1. That and any mistake you make in the beginning will hound you until you finish (or start over). : ) Hard life lessons of layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's just the right amount of detail to improv something. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops - there is something missing at the end of the table...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed. This is exactly what I'm talking about...

      Delete