Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Gaming Year

Games Played

Rules Cyclopedia D&D
Cyberpunk 2020
Microscope
Blood & Honor
Risus 
Lamentations of the Flame Princess
Lady Blackbird
In A Wicked Age
Murderous Ghosts
Diaspora

Games Bought

Apocalypse World
Cyberspace (literally bought yesterday, in fact)
Palladium Fantasy 1st Edition
Diaspora
3:16
Call of Cthulhu 6th Edition

Games I've Wanted to Run But Didn't Have Time to

Pendragon 
Changeling: The Dreaming
Call of Cthulhu

Least Fun Game of the Year

Diaspora. I just didn't "grok" it (as I believe the kids would put it).

Most Fun Game of the Year

Actually, it was probably the one-shot of Risus we played. The Cyberpunk 2020 campaign was fun and extremely unlike how a Cyberpunk 2020 game really should be (it mostly involved impromptu DJing in inappropriate circumstances). And there were some great moments in the Rules Cyclopedia and LotFP games because, well, D&D always has great moments. 

6 comments:

  1. I had never heard of http://rpggeek.com/rpg/5665/blood-honor
    Only
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_%26_Honour

    So that gave me pause!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I heard about that. What is it about Nazis and cheesy names?

      Delete
  2. Don't forget Murderous Ghosts!

    I thought that the world generation aspects of Diaspora were great, likewise for character gen. Maybe different mechanics were all we needed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I did forget that. Will amend the list.

      I agree that the world and character creation mechanics were a lot of fun. I think the fact is I just prefer more traditional game systems.

      Delete
  3. Where did you find Microscope? I haven't seen it at any game stores around here and obviously searching on the internet just finds lots of actual microscopes.
    I heard its a fun game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's $10, from here.

      Well worth spending the money on.

      Delete